Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Got Ribbons at Mid-Valley Quilt Guild's 2017 Show

Wow!  I entered two of my quilts in the 2017 Mid-Valley Quilt Guild's show this year and both got ribbons!  I am beyond thrilled :)

The quilt that got a Blue ribbon is my Boots 'n' Broncs.  It got a first place in the Child/Juvenile Quilts category.  It's one that I designed and made from my pattern that I sell in my Etsy.com shop - Carter Creek Quilts.  I am also selling the quilt there.

I did the free-motion quilting on my Janome Memory Craft 6500.  Here are a couple pictures of the quilt at the show:



My other quilt that was judged is my Bug Trails quilt.  It got a Red ribbon (second place) in the Mixed Techniques - Small Quilts category.  It also got a Special Award from Finally Together Quilt Shop for Best Mixed Techniques.  Thank you Finally Together!

This was a fun quilt to do.  I made it for a quilt challenge by the Santiam Scrappers Quilt Guild in 2015.  The center block is based on Mickey Depre's designs.  The rest of the quilt I designed myself.  I did the free-motion quilting on my Janome Memory Craft 6500.



What a great show it was.  There were lots of beautiful quilts.  I took a bunch of pictures and posted them on my Facebook page:  Mid-Valley Quilt Guild's 2017 Quilt Show

Time to start working on some quilts for the 2019 show!

1 comment:

  1. congratulations 2 ribbons you must be over the moon both well deserved great quilts

    ReplyDelete