Friday, March 10, 2017

My View Today

I've finally gotten some time this afternoon to sew again.  I've really been needing this sew time to help clear my head and just relax.  It's my time away from the world.  I'm sure you all know exactly what I mean!

Anyway, I did the Underground Shop Hop some of the local quilt shops put on.  It goes through Saturday, March 11th, but I managed to get to all the shops before the last day.  Imagine that...haha!  I got a quilt block kit and instructions from each shop.  It's been a fun thing to do for something different on these dark, gloomy, wet days.  It also gave me the opportunity to browse through all the great fabrics and other items are each shop.  Every once in a while I need a "fabric fix."

I spent some time today sewing a few of the blocks.  I have some left to do, but here are the ones I got done.

My view for the afternoon:

These are the six blocks I got done.  Each shop designed their own center for the blocks.

The is the one from Ladies of Liberty Mercantile in Independence.

From the Purple Frog Quilt Shop in Jefferson.  I hadn't done a folded fabric log cabin before, so this was fun to learn.

From Discover Quilting in Salem.

From The Cotton Patch in Keizer.

From Grandma's Attic in Dallas.

From Bolts to Blocks in Albany.  The circles are raw edged, so when the quilt is washed, the edges will fray.

I'm looking forward to finishing the other two blocks tomorrow.  Then I need to figure out how I am going to arrange them in a quilt top.  Hmmm.....


3 comments:

  1. a good variety of blocks you have here some that I have not come across before

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 2 more to make. I will post those once they're done. It was fun seeing what the shops came up with.

      Delete
  2. Your blog is very useful for me.I really like you post.Thanks for sharing.
    goldenslot
    สูตรบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete