Guild Challenge From Last Year

Talk about being way behind.....I just finished getting my challenge quilt all quilted, binding put on, hanging sleeve & label attached.  Did I mention the challenge was last year??  It was with Santiam Scrappers Quilt Guild in Lebanon, Oregon.  It was a really fun one to do and I did get the quilt top done on time.  I just didn't get it all put together into a quilt until now.  I'm sure I'm the only one who has stacks of quilt tops just waiting to be made into quilts!!

This is what I did for each of the required methods: 

Round 1 - Block of your choice - I designed an applique layout using some applique designs by Mickey Depre designs.


Round 2 - Hexagons OR Dimensional - I did both methods by appliquing hexies around 1st block & made folded sunflowers.
Round 3 - Stripe or Polka Dot Fabric OR 9-patch - I used striped & polka dot fabric in 9-patch small squares & elongated rectangles.
 
Round 4 - Paper Piecing OR Embellishment - I paper pieced tulips blocks and added fuzzy yarn corn toppers as embellishment.
Round 5 - Applique OR Prairie Points - The center block, hexies, ladybugs, & flowers are all machine appliquéd, so those counted.  I made Prairie Points in 3rd border.
Round 6 - Curved Piecing OR Star - I made Drunkards Path blocks in 4th border, but didn't do any stars.


Round 7 - Mitered Corner OR Heart - I made mitered corners on the 5th border. The flower petals in 4th border are hearts.
And here is the finished quilt and a couple of close ups.  It was such fun to make.  I can't wait to hang it in the living room :)


 





Comments

  1. such a beautiful wall hanging, trust it is now up on the wall for all to see and admire. Like you I get to a certain stage then stop on my quilts, usually make all the blocks then do not join them up have 4 at this stage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment