Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thread Painting Workshop

I spent the day in Salem at a workshop sponsored by the Mid-Valley Quilt Guild.  It was presented by Barbara Shapel (www.barbarashapel.com) who is a contemporary fiber artist from Washington.  She provided great information about threads and needles and best sizes and types to use for machine quilting and stitching.  She also showed us how to thread paint a quilt called Heron Moon.  I had a blast!!

These are pictures of the quilt Barbara did.  It's totally reversible!

This is one side of the quilt.

And....this is the reverse!

 Barbara demonstrating thread painting.

Here is what I accomplished today.  I know it doesn't look like much, but it will develop quickly.


After I finish our income taxes (ugh!) I plan on taking a day to just play out in my quilting "outhouse" and finish this quilt.  I can't wait!

This is another of Barbara's gorgeous quilts.  She did some fabric painting on the owl before the thread painting.  Isn't it fantastic!


THANK YOU BARBARA!!  It was an absolutely wonderful, informative day.







1 comment:

  1. That so cool. Looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete