Friday, March 2, 2012

Keeping My Hands & Mind Busy

I've been spending time inside on these cold days to work on new quilt pattern designs.  One that I'm working on today will be a wall hanging with blocks forming a Celtic type design.  I am so looking forward to warmer weather and my flowers blooming, so I decided to add some applique flowers to the middle of the quilt to brighten it up.


I can't wait to get started with the actual sewing!  But, first things first......I have to get all of the details done, like calculating fabric yardage, so I can finish the draft of the pattern.  Then I can make a quilt from it.

Even though I do most of my designing using EQ7, I do all of the calculating by hand.  For this quilt, I drew out all of the different blocks so I could see just how many differences there were going to be.  I'm a visual person so this helps me.


Then came the calculations....

After I get all the uggy stuff done, I'll get to go to sew.  I'll post the progress so you can see how I put it all together.  I haven't decided yet if I'm doing the applique by hand or machine, and if by machine, if it will be edge stitched or raw edge.  Hummmm....decisions, decisions :)




No comments:

Post a Comment